a1153: Haitian Government and the Diaspo (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

I’m watching a debate on Corbett list closely. People
living outside of Haiti are shut out of the political
process in their native country. Guess what Canadian
and American people give immigrants from Haiti and
anywhere in the world the opportunity to fulfill their
dreams.  You should be kind to those who give you that
opportunity.
People have tendency to work harder where their works
are valued and where people understand the meaning of
appreciation.
Any time some folks need assistance they call the
Diaspora and the same folks had shut out their main
contributors to the political process. Come on folks,
what incentive you give to people to help you?
Remember free lunch does not exist; the person may be
a good donor he/she may want the city to put his name
on a street, on a new building or prepare to run for
office.
The Haitian congress shall vote on the double
citizenship that can allow any Haitian to run for any
office. If the country relied on the outsider (Diaspo)
to provide financial support, I believe the Diaspo may
not only want to vote but to take part in the
political process a well. Se lè sa-a politik pral fet
nan d’Ayiti, ou pral tandé kozé, you take a month off
from your job anywhere in the world to launch a
campaign or you can travel on weekend to campaign. We
can make easy, we don’t have to complicate anything
In return the country does not have to rely on the
international community to finance the election,
Haitian living in Haiti and the Diaspora can do that,
at this present moment I don’t believe any reasonable
person will finance something in which he/she is
excluded, this is a joke, get real.
Now the country is under an embargo if there were some
good thinkers within the Haitian government, they
could have asked the Haitian congress to vote on
double citizenship and ask everyone interested to take
part in the negotiation process to put in place an
open government and the Haitian government does not
even have to pay a dime, we will send them to work
free, we will also provide a security force to protect
them. Not a dime will come from the Haitian treasury.
I believe the Haitian in the Diaspora shall play a
role in the negotiation process, why do we have to
rely on OAS, UN, CONACOM when plenty of Haitians are
willing to volunteer their time to help find a
suitable solution.
The double citizenship issue had been around for quite
some time, by a voice vote the congress can remove
that law that prevent people who have double
citizenship from holding an elected post in the
country.
Let say this to the Haitian president and this current
controversial congress, we will talk after a positive
vote is taken on that issue. Period.  It can’t be one
way, hey don’t ever drive on one way road, you should
always have a way to return if things are not ok.