a1201: Re: a1180: Re: Travel safety

From: GERALD LOVELL <nuvision1@msn.com>

Martha, I just returned from Haiti last night after a week there and had
no
trouble at all.  We went shopping in Port-au-Prince (Delmas - Carribbean
Market) and the Post Office downtown.  We drove in from Montrouis
(National Rte
#1) and spent much time with the Haitian people in their own villages
(remote
and not so remote).  I have been going to Haiti since 1986 and even with
having
been through 3 different coup-d'etats have never experienced one iota of
personal threat or harm.  If you avoid the Iron Market area and Cite
Soleil
(and its' immediate environs), you should be just fine!

Jerry Lovell