a1458: RE: a1436: Re: a1375: information on Port-Salut needed (fwd)

From: "Hoover, Julie H." <Hoover@pbworld.com>

The last time I was in Port-Salut, we got the idea that it would be lovely
to have a picnic out on the peninsula.  The only things lacking were food
and drink.

Driving by a house with chickens in the yard, my husband stopped and asked
the residents if we might buy one of them and have it cooked for us plus
purchase a couple of soft drinks.  A price was quickly agreed upon that we
thought was quite reasonable and the owner of the house was obviously
delighted with.

We proceeded by foot out to the beautiful little island/peninsula and spent
several delicious hours there all alone, swimming and sunning.  Our lunch
then arrived via a caravan of children, each carrying part of our meal on
trays--the best and freshest "real" Haitian chicken I've ever eaten--nice
and spicy as we requested, mounds of rice and dyon-dyon, a great salad,
cokes, and ice (apparently obtained from the local hospital).

I will never forget this dreamy, totally perfect day.