a1507: Transporting goods and supplies to Haiti (fwd)

From: Matt Ray <mraymus@yahoo.com>

Has anybody found an inexpensive way to get goods and supplies to Haiti?   We're trying to get some items donated to Healing Hands for Haiti, such as a heavy duty sewing machine and a pizza oven for our prosthetics lab, but I'm afraid at what it will cost to actually get it to Haiti (No, our prosthetists aren't making pizza, they need it to make casts and orthotics/braces for our patients).     Are any of the airlines willing to donate transportation?   We are a non-profit organization and have limited funding.

Thanks in advance if anybody knows of a way to do this.

Matt

Matt Ray
Healing Hands for Haiti
http://www.healinghandsforhaiti.org