a1795: Durban adds to School Builds Future of Hope in Haiti (fwd)

From: Lance Durban <lpdurban@yahoo.com>

Dear Corbetters,

I've known Patrick Moynihan and the Louverture-Cleary secondary
school he supports for a number of years, and have nothing but
admiration for his efforts.  Not mentioned in the article in
Corbett post #1791 about the school is the fact that every year
their teaching staff consists of 4 or 5 volunteer teachers from
the U.S... frequently recent college grads from prestigious U.S.
schools (eg. Notre Dame, Brown), sometimes former Peace Corps
volunteers, etc..

Having visited the school, met some of the students, and gotten
a flavor for what Patrick and his staff are accomplishing, I can
only say that volunteering for a year of teaching at Louverture
Cleary would be an extremely meaningful year in any young
person's life.   Of course, the young person would have to be a
very special person!  If any Corbetters would like additional
info, you can contact me off list, and I will put you in touch
with Patrick, who is based in Illinois.

Best regards,
Lance Durban