Re: a1797: too much rain -- the seeming benefits are not always there

> From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com

> The good side of all of this is that you can almost see the corn grow.  And
> the mango harvest is wonderful.

Corbett comments:  I would have thought this too. But on several occasions
which I was staying in rural areas outside Port-au-prince and there would
be torrential rains day after day after day there and doing incredible
destruction, in the mountains of the south and in the Central Plateau,
there was often no rain at all.  For some weird reasons of geography,
it is unfortunate that much needed rain seems more often to fall on
Port-au-Prince and environs than in the farming regions themselves.

Bob