a1976: ANONYMOUS POST PLEASE - Rumors from Cayes Jacmel (fwd)

There was a shooting at the Cayes Jacmel (not Aux Cayes) mayor's office a few days ago.  Rumor has it that Senator Prince Sonson and the mayor of Cayes Jacmel were involved in some sort of siphoning-away of public funds.  A demonstration took place outside the Mayor's office, and Senator Flourel Celestin, another Senator from the Sud-Est happened along and closed the office, on what authority I do not know.

At this point the plot thickens.  Apparently the popular belief is that there were compromising documents in that office.  Anyway, Prince Sonson's security people (that is to say, his gunmen) came along with him to the Cayes Jacmel mayor's office at about 11 pm, fired in the air, and fled when unknown persons fired back.  They tried again around midnight, and finally early in the morning they gained access.  While Prince Sonson rifled through the files, looking for the documents that would prove his malfeasance, his security man went out the front door like Rambo, firing a burst from his automatic rifle.  Someone, no one knows who, was waiting, and gave our would-be Rambo a bullet just under his eye.  The security man died not long after.

Cayes, far from being convulsed by popular rage, is as quiet as a ghost town.