12093: Re: 12084: Re: 12081: Re: 12080: Haitians protest judge's dismissal of reque... (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

 fighting here for Haitian Asylum seekers rights to be treated equally under
 the US laws.>>

I don't object.  Affidavits of support, things like that, should be the same
for everyone.

<< We did not determinie whether they had credible fear of persecution, the
INS did.  Your diatribe about Haitian not meriting asylum should be directed
at the US government. I am sure that they would be more than happy to hear
from you.>>

I don't know why you consider my opinions a "diatribe" - are opinions only
credible, and properly expressed, when they coincide with yours?

<< The point again is that this disparate treatment of men, women and children
 has only been imposed on Haitians. This is an issue which has interestingly
 united Haitians of all political persuasions. >>

I do not notice "Haitians of all political persuasions" uniting in Haiti or
in the USA to support political asylum for the candidates in question.

<<It is about RESPECT.>>

Why should I "respect" people making unsupportable claims for asylum?  If
anything, my scorn is reserved for such people, who cheapen the claims of the
genuinely persecuted, tortured people who applied for asylum during the
military regime.

 <<Maybe you should ask Ira Kurzbaum why he is representing those "FRAHP'
members>>

Okay!  Ira Kurzbaum, what kind of claims are these folks making?  Who do they
say is persecuting them?  I think this whole thing is a charade to discredit
Aristide, myself.

<<...or Haitian consul Guy Victor who works tirelessly to ensure that those
Krome detainees are treated fairly. >>

It is the responsibility of the Haitian consul to advocate for the interests
of all Haitians within his purview.  Again, I am not defending unequal
treatment, I am saying that I doubt very much that these folks are eligible.

<<Maybe you should ask VEYE YO a pro Lavalas grassroots organization in Miami
why they are at the vanguard of this protest.>>

Okay - hey Veye Yo, what's up with this?  Why do these folks deserve asylum?
In what way is the Haitian government persecuting them?  And if it's not the
government persecuting them, who is persecuting them?

<< Again it's about RESPECT>>

Why should we respect people making baseless claims for asylum?

In my time working for the International Organization for Migration, I
prepared the dossiers for literally hundreds of asylum applicants.  I have a
very good understanding of what qualifies a person for asylum.  So - what
qualifies people supposedly "fleeing" a country where no systematic
state-sponsored persecution is taking place?

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html