12116: Re: 12098: Re: 12095: Haitian refugees turn eyes to Bush (fwd)

From: Dotie Joseph <dotiej@hotmail.com>

I'm sorry you feel that Haitian refugees seeking asylum have no legitimate
claims and even more sorry that you can't recognize that all cases are not
the same, but I thank God that you are not the judge/INS/US President
because they are doing a fine job of screwing Haitian refugees over all by
themselves. Although I do not wish to address most of your woefully
stereotypical comments, I do want to address the one that came out first:

<< When a Miami federal judge denied the pleas for justice from Haitian
  asylum-seekers Friday>>

>She didn't deny their pleas for justice, she denied their pleas for
> >asylum. Or rather, she refused to parole them while waiting for their
> >asylum hearings.

Just in case you missed it, those refugees (specifically the 12/3 arrivals)
were NOT treated justly, or more precisely, "fairly" in comparison to other
such refugees who, contrary to what you imply, are not exempt from being
motivated by hunger. Oh, and FYI, a political problem in one's country CAN
lead to a hunger problem, and as far as Haiti is concerned, I would feel
comfortable going out on a limb and suggest that is the case--or at least
part of it.

Having said that, I just want to clarify for myself, Madam Racine Sans Bout,
are you saying that these detainee's--who have been singled out among all
the refugees from ALL the other countries in the world for no other reason
other than being Haitian--have no legitimate cause for concern over inequal
treatment (b.k.a. injustice) by the US INS?

La Pe Ave-w,
D. Joseph