12210: From Tokyo with love (fwd)

From: Mihoko Tsunetomi <miho0087@tctv.ne.jp>

Good morning, sleepy heads!
 Usually I know I should not post anything not related to Haiti,
but World Cup seems to be an exception. Now you know the
locations in the Far East, and what time difference means,
that is what I am always suffering with Haiti - news comes
after midnight ! You may envy me for being one of the host
countries, but World Cup means nothing to my deaf ear, or
blind eye. We use the expression " money to a cat", "sutra
to a horse's ear", just like "cast a pearl before swine". I
would appreciate if you can teach me good expressions in
creole. I was invited to a reception hosted by our Foreign
Ministry for a seminar for Caribbean region. Interested,
I made a table of comparison in some figures such as
life expectancy, literacy, per capita income, and frightened
to re-realize Haiti is a sad exception even in this region.
Why, why is circulating in my brain. Somebody must do something.
Flood victims? because of the land erosion? Who are responsible
for what? Viva Senegal!  Haiti, why didn't you come to make
me crazy for soccer!
                                   from Tokyo              Mihoko