12478: Re: 12469: Student preparation to study Haiti and..... Laleau an d Corbett reply (fwd)

From: "Desmangles, Leslie" <Leslie.Desmangles@trincoll.edu>

 from: leslie.desmangles@trincoll.edu

I'm not surprised to read Bob's and Nancy's notes concerning Americans'
unawareness about Haiti's geographical location. But the people to whom you
spoke about Haiti are lay people who might not know much about geography.
But what about the members of the press? How often have we all heard in the
media of the references to Haiti as  "the island nation"? You'd think that
they would get it right.

Leslie.