12492: Morse / Rumors

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

For those of you who know Haiti, you'll know that rumors, true or not,
play an important part in the socio/political fabric of the country.
<Where there's smoke, there's fire>. Yesterday (Tuesday) started off as
normal, then as the sun went down and we were going about our <normal>
evening activities, they started coming:

1) Ernst Bennet (father in law to Jean-Claude) has escaped from jail and
put together a band of Macoutes. <There's going to be trouble tonight>.

2) Dany Toussaint has been poisoned. He can't walk. They're cleaning his
blood.

3) Ronald Cadavre has been poisoned in jail.

4) Cubaine (nickname for someone in Gonaives) is going to be poisoned.

5) The Iranians have set up an embassy here in Port-au-Prince.

Five rumors in the span of two hours. Now that tells you something. What?
I don't know.

Richard Morse