12581: DR/Haiti territory (fwd)

From: jacqualine labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

Dear fellow Corbeteers - someone has asked me this question on Haiti and the
DR and I would appreciate it if someone can reply to this for me:

The territory occupied by Saint Domingue (Treaty of Aranjuez 1777 border) is
much smaller than present day Haiti.  When did Haiti acquire this extra
territory (Central Plateau) from Santo Domingo/Dominican Republic and under
what circumstances?

Thank you for your help.

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE on: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveller'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Los viajes para el turista iluminado'

Please note my new office/home phone number
249-6177 + cell phone 557-0753