12844: ancient history jogged by 1966 picture (fwd)

From: boman family <mboman@mail.win.org>

The 1966 picture of the golf tournament and the name Gaus jogged my memory.
If you see any of them or they read this -- I came across Alfred Gaus` name
in a 1919 article in the MO Historical Society archives as a  man who pulled
my Uncle off the battlefield in WW1.

I would like to hear anything they have to say about their family.
I believe that they lived on West Park west of Childress, and were cousins
of my grandmother, Alma Lorenz (nee Petzold).

The Gauses may have records of when exactly the Alsatians element moved into
the neighborhood.

My Mother was born on Ripple St. in 1893.

Joe Boman