12024: Haitian Family Day Scam (fwd)

From: P Louissaint <totalcapital@email.com>

We should be very careful before attending events organized by phony 'for-profit' organizations.

Many of you on this list have received messages regarding the Haitian Family Day that was supposed to be held on Saturday August 31, 2002.

Since the organizers and the sponsors of that  event did not bother update you on what happened, I will.

That event was officially cancelled at the last minute. However, the organizers knew that they would not get the Belmont Park at least one week before !

Best of all, I could not get a refund since, at the place where I bought my ticket, I was told that the organizers collected their money the night before.

This is a disgrace for our community and this will make similar fundraising activities for legitimate 'non-profit' organizations very difficult due to the poor track record of these lawless businessmen.

I would love to hear from the organizers of this event, whom I know are on this list.

Paul

--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup