13113: Brice: Re: 13097: Simidor posts on Lavalas corruption (fwd) - Loans disbursment (fwd)

From: Bob Brice <bobbrice@hotmail.com>

What do people on this list think of the timing of the supposed partial
disbursement of the loans earmarked for Haiti? Do you think that any of it
will be used in Haiti or would have any visible effects on the landscape  or
do you think it was a further example of the fleecing of Haiti?

I don't know the terms of the loans, but it seems to me that the lenders are
only paying themselves, like disbursing a certain amount that would be used
to pay their interests on an agreed upon loan that was never released to its
lendee (Haiti)?