13523: Nlbo: Published in October's U.S Catholics (fwd)

From: Nlbo@aol.com

Cheers to the August issue on Black Catholics. As a lay person active in the
Haitian  Ministry,  I am impressed with Francois Pierre-Louis' article("The
rythm of the faithful")  and envious that in my Boston area chaplaincy, if it
weren't for a gentleman who at the end of mass  opened a red and blue
umbrella, the Haitian Flag day would have gone unnoticed.

Though I commend the  article, Pierre Louis  neglected to mention  the
Brooklyn _ based National Center of the Haitian Apostolate (NCHA)which serves
as a bridge between the Church here and the one Haiti. Through its annual
conferences, Haitian scholars have kept both the laity and the clergy current
on ecclesial and cultural issues.
Nekita