13556: Stuppard -- recent boat people

From: f stuppard <fstuppard@yahoo.com>

Bonjour:

Yes, I saw the last episode in Miami, just like I have
seen so many other episodes of Haitians jumping off
boats in search of a better life.  The kind of life
that we, Haitians/Haitiano-Americans/Americans, are
having.  Since we are using the Internet and English
as means of communication, it means, we are the lucky
few.  But we still have some 7 million plus other
Haitians who are not so lucky.

The problems faced by the Republic of Haiti are both
political and economic.  What can we do as members of
Haitians/Haitiano-Americans/Americans communities
living overseas to help Haiti avoid this slow death?

I am working on a rather small pilot project that
would address and solve problems of malnutrition,
illiteracy, poor health care, inadequate housing, and
lack of intercommunal roads.  Do you see yourself
doing something similar for the community or
"Bitation" where you come from, regardless of
location, north, south, east, west?

If all Haitians who are able to help even in a small
way, but just keep busy helping, I am sure that change
we all would like to see will blossom slowly but
surely.  Carpe diem works!   By the way, Haiti is NOT
another American states, therefore, they don't owe
Haiti a dime, not even a penny, do you see the nuance?

God bless!

FNS/Artibonitien