13639: KawolinA: Re: 13633: Minsky: report from the field-a problem at school (fwd)

From: KawolinA@aol.com

This principal is not a pedagogue.  Otherwise, she would have known and
understood that one, it is far much easier to teach someone (anything) in
their native language and two, that the ability to speak more than one
languages is a sign of intelligence and an asset, not a deficiency.  But this
is Haiti.  What can one expect?  We view everything backward, I am sorry to
say.  It is unfortunate that that principal has still not realized that part
of the problem in Haiti is this illusory, flawed and demented desire to be
like our colonizers.