13702: Lafleur: RE: 13695: Vishnusurf: Re: 13671: Lafleur: RE: 13639: KawolinA: Re: 13633: Minsky: report from... (fwd)

From: Lourdes Lafleur <lourdeslafleur@videotron.ca>

Do not get me wrong! I did not say that French only speaking people could
speak creole in just two days. I meant that they could understand it.  I was
talking about my own personal experiences, since this is something that I
have noticed and  was quite surprised by. When I asked one french person how
come it was so easy for her to understand creole in such a short period of
time, she told me that she only had to listen carefully to the beginning and
the end of the sentence and it was pretty easy for her to understand what
the creole speaking person meant. I certainly don't think she meant to
insult me or anyone for that matter and I do not intend to start a war of
words between French and Creole defenders. This is only something that my
curious mind has experienced many times.