13843: Pina comments on Chamberlain's chants (fwd)

FROM: Kevin Pina         <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

"I have little doubt that despite Pina's ineffectual attempts to
whitewash the government and its paid or unpaid supporters (after the manner
of such servants of other regimes, often foreigners), pro-Ben Laden shouts
were heard from some in the crowd."

Mr. Chamberlain,

I ain't Tom Sawyer and the constitutional government ain't Huck Finn. I
wouldn't know how to hold that paint brush if you paid me, and nobody does.
While we're on the subject of steamboats, this whitewashing matter reminds
me of something Mark Twain once wrote, "Familiarity breeds contempt. How
accurate that is. The reason we hold truth in such respect is because we
have so little opportunity to get familiar with it". Truer words have never
been uttered to meet the circumstances of this particular instance.

Prove it!! Get the tape and I'll give you a grand!! Or perhaps you have a
favorite charity? Or better yet why don't you and Charles Arthur each put
your money where your mouths are and pony up another grand a piece to get to
the truth of the matter. I am sure for that amount money someone's gonna
come up with something interesting for us. How much does Deibert get paid a
month? Maybe he can kick in another grand if he's so all fired interested in
getting at the truth with verifiable facts. Maybe we can even pay to have
one made so we can all feel absolutely satisfied with ourselves and our own
version of the truth. I hear there are some folks who are pretty good at it.

Mr. Pina