13870: Pina answers Chamberlain (fwd)

FROM: Kevin Pina       <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

Mr. Chamberlain,

Obviously you missed the point. They reported only 2,000 persons at Monday's
demonstration, in front of the national palace, while the photos I posted
show quite clearly this was not true.  If that's not under reporting then
maybe you should define it for us. You also seem to have easily forgotten,
and I challenge you to direct us to another photo source, that NOT ONE PHOTO
of that event ever appeared in your beloved corporate media. I can direct
you to plenty of sources for images of ANTI-ARISTIDE demonstrations but not
one of the throngs supporting democracy.

You may apologize for this obvious bias all you wish and, knowing that you
yourself have had the experience of answering to the beck and call of your
editors, you are well positioned to do so. You seem to think we are all
incapable of judging for ourselves wherein the truth lies. Personally I
would rather make that decision myself and in good conscience make people
aware of the truth that is being left out. Not selective truth poured
through the funnel of editors whose job it is to "sell" the truth to
increase revenues and pay profits to their investors. Not the truth that is
influenced by calls from the State Department cajoling Boards of Directors
for not touting the party line.

Otto Reich excelled at such tactics in the past and one would be deaf, dumb
and blind to not consider his influence in this regard today. He is a man of
such regard and calibre he wouldn't stoop so low. Of course your now famous
tirades about "conspiracy theorists", "Lavalas apologists" and other
condemnations of opinions you disagee with are certain to be brushed off for
reuse. It was apologists for the mainstream media who accused our friends in
Chile as being paranoid and "conspiracy theorists" until Senator Frank
Church's Senate committee revealed they were telling the truth about CIA
involvement.  There will probably never be another such undressing of the
truth in our lifetime but what does it really matter. Senator Frank Church
is not reported in today's headlines therefore he never really existed and
isn't rolling over in his grave.