14053: Morse/Funeral on Thursday (fwd)

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

 My son came home yesterday looking a bit down. He said his friend's
 father had been killed. He asked if he could go to the funeral on
 Thursday. He didn't say whether his friend's father was pro or con or
 legal or illegal or justified or unjustified. He just asked if he could
 go to the funeral. There are a whole lot of eleven year olds having to
 deal with the same situation here in Haiti whether they're black, white,
 mulatto, rich or poor. Things are different these days than when I was
 growing up. In fact things have gotten so crazy that words have changed
 meanings. For example, <disarmament> now means to give guns to the
 disenfranchised. If you work for an international organization and you
 ask for <disarmament> you're actually asking for a gun dispersal program
 to arm the urban poor. Be careful what you say.

Richard Morse