14120: Corbett: Re: Arthur replies to ChamberlainRe: 14109: List views

Charles, I'm very happy you sent that note challenging Greg.  I get to
observe this list fairly close up!! :) and I am amazed by the overarching
views reflected.

First there is the strong polarization folks who hold very storng views on
the current political situation in Haiti.

Then there are those who make serious attempts at some ideal notion of
objectivity and stay relatively aloof from commitment.

Then there are many people who are, quite honestly, relatively uninformed
or simply naive about the political situation.

If we move away from politics -- into history, art, music, anthropology,
religion -- the views are even more widely spread, especially much less
widespread knowledge exhibited.

I would argue from my experience that any assumptions about an ONE LIST
VIEW on nearly anything is highly suspect.

Bob Corbett