16058: Dorce: Re: 15916: Sanba: Re: 15905: marasa and restitution (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 6/17/03 8:50:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time, sanba@juno.com
writes:

<< By the way who is going to seriously investigate the genesis of drugs in
Haiti and give a credible report towards punishing the perpetrators, if it is
still the law. Certainly not those who know only one culprit on Haitian History
but Aristide/Lavalas? >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
In 1985  (it could have been 1984) I was staying at the Oloffson and I met,
among many others, a man who wasn't staying there but came for dinner more than
once.  He was a thoroughly unpleasant man as it turns out, but he told me
that he worked for the Treasury Department (I think) and was investigating
whether Haiti was being used as a conduit for drugs into the USA.  I remember
telling him I had never heard of drugs in Haiti at that time, other than a little
pot.  I really don't think it was going on right then, Duvalier was still there,
but just for a little while longer.  He was kind of smarmy if you ask me, and
it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he were in fact reserching the possibility
of the US using Haiti as a conduit for drugs into the country.  I know it's
conspiracy theory-ish but hey, it wasn't there before him but after him......it
was there!  Coincidence???  I think not.

Kathy Dorce~