16159: Niloufer: Haitian Flag as clothing

From: Damali Niloufer <danilou2001@yahoo.com>

I am new to the list, please forgive me if I am rehashing a topic  that
may
have already been discussed.
I have a concern about the Haitian flag being used as an article of
clothing
from brassieres to bandanas. Apparently most people don't find anything
wrong
with this and would explain it as a symbol of pride and patriotism. Fair
enough! But I view a flag as a sacred symbol to be used only for
ceremonious
occasions. I'm afraid that watching girls display their flag clothing on
May
18th involuntarily make me cringe inside. I'm not losing sleep over the
matter,
I'm just wondering if anyone else feels as I do.
D.N.