16219: Edouard: NCHR needs to wakeup and take a stand (fwd)

From: Felix Edouard <loveayiti@hotmail.com>

While the  NCHR called on the government to move Haiti out of this impasse,
it appears this step was taken only after they found themselves a target of
Aristide and a political decision was made to spread the blame. Sitting on
the fence  may be the least risky position. But, it clearly will have little
impact in moving Haiti toward democracy.

The current Haiti crisis is Aristide's to fix and the responsibility can
only rest with the ultimate power in the country. We are going on "10 years"
since Lavalas took control of Haiti. Regardless of the actions or inactions
of the opposition and the US, an elected leader must be willing to do
whatever steps necessary to better the lives of his or her people. Yes, this
includes compromise, controlling your ego, sharing power, falling on your
sword,etc. The Haitian people and country must come first! This is what
makes a good leader.

If the NCHR wants to defend Haitian Rights and remain relevant in our
struggle for democracy, tell the truth, give some clear direction, put the
responsibilty where it belongs,with the inept institution we call the
Haitian Government.