16351: Dorce: Re: 16270: Vishnusurf: Re: 16267: Kathleen: Re: 16263: Dorce (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 8/4/03 5:29:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time, VISHNUSURF@aol.com
 writes:

<< What is a Petionville parlor, anyway?
 And in case you haven't been there lately, Petionville is surrounded by
 bidonvilles.  Only a matter of time until it all caves in. >>
Never been in a Petionville parlor?  I'm kind of surprised.  It was an
affectation, an alliteration....of course no one calls them parlors in Haiti!  I
made my point though.  And yes the bidonvilles are on the outside looking in.
But the walls creep ever higher to keep out the smells and the sights of the
great unwashed.  One can hope these walls are not built so as to be
architecturally sound...may they all fall down (like London Bridge?) and soon no one will
be able to tell which ones are the "good" Haitians.  Please let me live to see
the day!

Kathy Dorce~