16462: Dorce: Re: 16357: Re: 16352: Dorce: Re: 16277: Shadlen: (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 8/12/03 4:52:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Nod Dorcilien
<ndorcilien@yahoo.com>writes:

<< Kathy,
 Haiti is our problem and we have a natural right to
 feel and giving our opinion about our country and you
 may know it all about Haiti but my friend we are from
 there and it is in our heart, it is again up to us to
 decide how we'd like to see our country tomorrow not
 you or athers. I feel that you went too far in our
 business and the truth about it is it does not affect
 you in anyway but us. Please let us express our
 feeling about our dear homeland because Haitians are
 US not YOU. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Of course you have a natural right to feel strongly and give opinions about
your country.  However, I feel strongly about Haiti too and I have a right to
give my opinions as well.  Since you live in the United States now, and really
even if you didn't, you have a right to your opinions about this country as
well.  You represent a relatively small group who has always had a voice and you
have chosen to live outside your country.  That is fine with me, I might be
making the same choice myself if things don't start changing here!  There are
huge numbers of people in Haiti who do not have a voice and you do not speak
for them.  You and I have a difference of opinion about whether the Diaspora
should have a say in what happens in Haiti, a vote.  I feel strongly that if you
want to be able to vote in Haitian elections, you should reside there so you
will have to live with the consequences of your voting.

Haiti is in my heart too and you may not like to hear what I have to say, but
I have a right to say it, just as you do.  I would not try to stop anyone
from having their opinions or sharing them with the list.  I'm sure you feel the
same.  And what happens in Haiti effects me very much.  It's very personal to
me.

Kathy Dorce~