16673: jacqui: ecotourism

>From Jacqui Labrom – voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Well if you want to see a good ecotourism project where people are not
greedy,
then go to the Ecotourist village of Vallue - the Hotel Villa Ban-Yen
–
on the road to Petit Goave. As you go up Mont Tapion there’s a sign
off
to the left and you go 5 kilometres up the rocky road. It’s a local
community project and its wonderful. I have never ever had better service
from
any hotel in Haiti with people who really know how to look after you and
serve
you – even if its not their job they will bring you whatever you
need
with a wonderful smile. They are having a special Mountain Fair from 16th
19th October and I would invite all Corbeteers who are in the country to
go and participate during this event. They need your support. This is a
total
community project and run by a good committee.

The hotel is in a wonderful area for walking and the views of Grand and
Petit
Goave are magnificent. Its so peaceful up there.

If you would like more information (in French only at this stage) on the
Fair
then please write to me off line and I’ll send you all the details.

I have nothing to do with them officially but feel that they deserve our
support for this worthwhile project.

Jacqui Labrom