17046: Stritch: Re: Re: 17043: Corbett replies to Pierrot (fwd)

From: thandtw@bellsouth.net

Dear Bob.

I hate to make assumptions, but I would assume that when you visited your friends in Haiti, with or without a work team, they were encouraged and empowered to some degree, just because you showed up, showed affection, showed concern and empathy or whatever a freind shows in their face when they see a friend.  Hard to quantify in gourds, what that's worth.  It sure counts a lot for me, whether it's visiting friends in a community of faith or my leaf dokte friends in the country side.  And I think somehow my friends are reciprocally enriched.  Yours too I'd assume.

As many years as I return and as much as I feel at home there,  a part of me always feels a little like a child experiencing something new for the first time, and very much like a tourist.  I hope not to lose that sense of wonder and never to miss sharing it with my family and friends.

greg stritch