18308: Jepiem: Re: 18293: Arthur: Re: 18265: Return of the FADH

From: Jepiem@aol.com

First, the Opposition is not just the 184 group so far as one can tell,
second
the opposition is not unified under a known platform. They talk about a
Social
Contract, but this document is not being discussed and from oral reports,
it is
devoid of specific. When pressed for specific programs, some members of
the so
called Opposition retorts, that there is "No need to reinvent the wheel".
Now
that is an unjustifiable position in addition to being a dangerous one.
For one
if there is no need to "reinvent the wheel" why go through the trouble of
terminating the mandate of a constitutionally elected president granted
that
the current regime has contributed to making things a lot worse than
before
they took office, second, it seems to me that if there is a need for
clarification as to what will happen in the first few months following a
departure of the current regime. If not we will have a repeat of the same,
succession of coup d'etats from which the country will get even worse than
it
already is. The opposition needs to get their act together and decide what
and
let the people who are demonstrating and risking their lives on the street
know
and also obtain their consent. If not, the old broken wheel will just keep
rolling, driving the country to the abyss