18331: RE:loveayiti Response on Gonaive to 18319: Kevin Lyall: (fwd)

From: love haiti <loveayiti@hotmail.com>

In you recent posting:

You asked who were the people patrolling the streets in Gonaive with the recent
unrest. You questioned if they were former soldiers

The people patrolling the street are not former soldiers. They are the
"Cannibal Army". An armed group which supported Aristide over the last severals
years until there leader "Metayer" was killed in September 2003.

Their guns are believed to have been  provided by the government. Now I assume
they have more, taken from the police.

They say Aristide killed their leader Metayer and has now  betrayed them.  This
has been repeated several time by his family in Haiti and in Orlando, Florida.
There are many articles about this on the net. Just do a Google Search. I don't
think even Aristide has denied they were his supporters.

While they share the same goal as the opposition, They are independant, making
the situation in Haiti more volatile.

Regards

Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up
Accelerator.