18564: Labrom: 18559 re Unrest in Haiti (fwd)

From: jacqui Labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

I, like most people probably, saw the notice on CNN the other nite
saying that the State Dept. was telling American citizens in Haiti to
leave Haiti if they could do so safely.  Well, surprise surprise, I
checked amongst several of my American friends  here and they HAVE NOT
been told by the Embassy that they should leave - neither have any of
the kids at the same school as their kids. One group of Americans are
coming with me to Jacmel carnival, despite all the 'warnings' and the
misinformation that is going on. I heard this morning from a Security
officer in an Embassy that their people could not go to Jacmel as there
were fights going on between the 'chimè's' and students in Jacmel last
nite. Well according to my sources on the ground - in the centre of
Jacmel, there is absolutely no problems, and in fact the people are out
cleaning the streets, getting ready for Carnival.

So Happy Carnival - if you don't hear from me again, you know I will
have eaten my words!!!!

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Look at our website: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Viajes para el turista iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753