18571: Re: Pierre Jean Re: 18406: ANDRE APAID IS HAITIAN plus a Postscript (fwd)

From: Pierre Jean <pierrejean2004@yahoo.com>

Ms. Laurent,

I forgot to add one more thing. Again, your skills as
a lawyer would be well appreciated.

In the days leading up to the nomination of Mr.
Jean-Gerard Dubreuil as Secretary of State of Public
Security by President Aristide, the government was
madly scrambling to solve the not-so-little problem of
his US citizenship. It so happened that Mr. Dubreuil
conveniently forgot to tell President Aristide and the
others that he was a US citizen. It took some
extremely creative "legal" maneuvers to overcome that
problem.

I wonder whether the document that Mr. Dubreuil signed
is actually constitutional. Maybe you could use your
contacts within the government to finally get a copy
of that document Mr. Dubreuil signed so that the all
the world can read. I do not have such clout and have
been stymied many times in my attempts to get that
document released. It is better protected than the
gold at Fort Knowx.

[Note: I noticed that you copied members of the press
in your original email. I have taken the liberty of
copying them in our correspondence. If these members
of the press want additional details on the many
abnormalities of the Aristide administration, I invite
them to contact me offline. As you can imagine, I have
plenty more information in my "djakout."]

While on the subject, it so happens that another of
our Ministers whom I had forgotten was also a US
citizen: former Minister of Commerce Leslie Gouthier.
How could I have forgotten that man, who made his
fortune at Regie du Tabac under Duvalier, then retired
to the US - nice house at SW 115th Terrace in Miami,
by the way! Must have cost a little fortune! - where
he gained US citizenship and was un-retired by
Aristide? By what miraculous process did he instantly
become a Haitian citizen while maintaining his US
citizenship?

At least former Minister of Culture Lilas Desquiron
had the grace to do it legally. Her recovery of
Haitian citizenship follows:

>       Justice
>      Arrêté
>
>       Arreté de recouvrement de la nationalité
haïtienne de la dame
> Marie Thérèse Edith Lilas ZANDROWICZ née DESQUIRON
>
>       LIBERTÉ - ÉGALITÉ - FRATERNITÉ
>       RÉPUBLIQUE D'HAÏTI
>
>       ARRÊTÉ
>
>       JEAN-BERTRAND ARISTIDE
>       PRÉSIDENT
>
>       Vu les articles 10 et 136 de la Constitution;
>
>       Vu le 2ème alinéa de l'article 16 du Decret du
6 novembre
> 1984 sur la Nationalité et la Naturalisation;
>
>       Considérant que la dame Marie Thérèse Edith
Lilas ZANDROWICZ
> née DESQUIRON, Haïtienne d'origine avait renoncé à
sa nationalité
> par le mariage en Mai 1972 en adoptant la
nationallité belge;

>       Considérant que l'intéressée par sa
déclaration en date du 19
> juin 2001 renonce à la nationalité belge qu'elle
avait adoptée et
> sollicite le recouvrement de la nationalité
haïtienne;

>       Considérant qu'il y a lieu de faire droit à sa
requête;

>       Sur le rapport favorable du Ministre de la
Justice:

>       ARRÊTE
>
>       Article 1.- La Citoyenne Marie Thérèse Edith
Lilas ZANDROWICZ
> née DESQUIRON recouvre sa nationalité selon le voeu
de la Loi.

>       Article 2.- Le présent Arrêté sera publié et
exécuté à la
> diligence du Ministre de la Justice.
>
>       Donné au Palais National, à Port-au-Prince, le
25 juin 2001,
> An 198ème de l'Indépendance.
>
>       Par le Président
>       Jean-Bertrand ARISTIDE
>
>       Le Premier Ministre
>       Jean-Marie Antoine Polénus CHERESTAL
>
>       Le Ministre de la Justice
>       Louis Gary LISSADE

How come we see nothing of the sort for the other
Haitian citizens who are currently in Prime Minister
Neptune's cabinet? How about Prime Minister Nepture
himself? Did he ever become a US citizen after
spending so many years in the US? Is he American? Is
he a Permanent Resident? If it is the latter, how come
he spends so much time in Haiti? Can he legally do
that? Or has Prime Minister Neptune cut all ties with
the US and sold the house he used to own in Long
Island, New York? And what passport does Mr. Neptune
use when entering the United States? Just curious.

Pierre Jean