18682: Burnham and CIA (fwd)

From: thor burnham <thorald_mb@hotmail.com>

Questions about the "CIA led" rebellion/insurrection/uprising/coup d'etat:

1) Is Aristide really working against U.S. interests? Rhetoric aside, I've
seen no solid evidence presented on this list, or elsewhere, by either
mainstream/corporate media or the left that he has any intention of
structural change to the Haitian import model.

2) Who do the Mercs really work for? My understanding is that the
Mercenaries surrounding his excellency all have U.S. State Department
Clearance, despite working for a private corporation. Is that important?

3) What are the 3 primary strategic interests that the U.S. has with respect
to Haiti? I think the first is a stable market for U.S. goods. Remittances
flow in, and go right back out. The other two?
Perhaps it is the longterm exo-burb strategy?

4) What is the threshold for direct int'l involvement? I think it's a flood
of refugees. No mass migration, stick to the status quo.

Bob, tell Vishnusurf to pass the five-star this way...

Best,
Thor Burnham