18681: Walker: FW: #2 FW: Some Things Are Looking Up (fwd)

From: Edwin Walker <edwinwalker@earthlink.net>

From: "Shingledecker, Paul" <paul.shingledecker@wgm.org>

From: joe lanham <joelanham59@yahoo.com>

Dear All

Received this wonderful report of the ministry of the
Youth With A Mission Haiti (YWAM). They are located at
two places in Haiti, Their headquarters are at St Marc
on the West Coast about 50 miles North West of Port au
Prince.

This is encouraging news. With all the troubles in
Haiti, God is still working. Some things are looking
up. Praise the Lord!!

Pray for the Christians in Haiti and for the
Missionaries like these.

Joe

======================

Dear Prayer Partners,

There have been many difficult times in Haiti, and St.
Marc, since the turning of the New Year.

In our city we have seen much violence.  Much of it is
provide elections.

However, I believe there have been many things
happening as a result of the shifting of an era.

If you are attentive to CNN I was a bit disappointed
with Anderson Coopers 360 shown at 7:00pm last night
(2/4/04). Anderson did a special in regards to Haiti
with an exclusive interview with President Airstide.
He mentioned several times that Haiti is in a state of
hopelessness. We do not see that in the united
churches throughout the nation. There is much hope and
anticipation of change. Don?t get me wrong, there is
no hope in the current government, but there is much
hope leaning in to Christ. Our city, in the midst of
fighting, burning tires and gun fire nightly is
continuing on towards many positive changes. In this
hour the Church is beginning to stand out as the only
hope, the rock that stands fast in the storms.

Pastors in our network have been taking steps to
attempt mediation between the different factions as
the church is the only trusted ally amongst the
groups. After meeting with the leaders of both
factions, I believe God has now begun to speak with us
on how to strategically pray to see resolution. The
leaders of the factions are working on commands given
from the capital in hopes to find a favorable position
in the future.  However, it is the former gang members
that support and hold the leader in their position
within our city. I believe God has directed us to
begin praying for these gang members salvations. With
their conversion it will weaken the leaders bring them
to the table of reconciliation. I am suggesting grass
roots transformation campaign is the direction God is
speaking to us. We are beginning to challenge the
Churches to strategically target certain individual in
prayer and look for opportunities to share the gospel
and speak truth into their lives.

As we have already begun to do this we have also seen
results. Just yesterday as our ministry staff and
volunteers were praying along these lines I had an
encounter. I was unable to make the prayer meeting as
I needed to meet with someone in regards to a special
situation. As I was waiting for them to rendezvous I
was approached by some well known hit men of one of
the factions. They began to talk with me. As I began
to challenge them on where they were with God they
asked, "Terry, where can we go to church. Is there a
Pastor or church would advise us to attend." Wow! I
was a bit shocked at there response and I informed
them of several, but told them I would speak to some
pastors to see if they would come and meet with them
so as to personally invite them to their church.

Please join us in prayer for:

Hit man and factious members to surrender to Christ
love for them.
Devine opportunities and meetings.
supernatural protection around the Christians who are
making bold stands.

Thank you!

Terry W. Snow

National Director