17778: Florestal Responds to Simidor on Antoine#18618 (fwd)

From: Jean-Marie Florestal <sonice1953@yahoo.com>

Simidor wrote in #18618
"I always knew of Antoine&#146;s special affinity with
Aristide through his sister.  I knew it because we
have friends in common."

Mary Matlin is a Republican who not only managed
Georges Bush Father failed reelection campaign in 1992
against Bill Clinton, but is today a staunch
Republican defending the current G.W. Bush Jr
administration in the media. James Carville,  is the
former successful Campaign Manager for Bill Clinton
and a staunch Democrat who continues to represent the
most combative arm of the Democratic party in the
media. Guess what? Matlin and Carville are wife and
husband! If you follow Simidor's rationale, to cover
his slandering statement about one of the Corbett's
list most ever distinguished writer and thinker in my
opinion, James Carville can be considered a Bushist
and a conservative Republican, while Mary Matlin a
Clintonian, and a liberal Democrat!

It is a shame that Guy Antoine stopped writing on this
list. Well, we all can guess why! New list members who
missed the opportunity to read his posts would have
discovered a certain level of intellectual integrity,
not to mention the quality of the articulation of his
ideas for someone who speaks English as a second
language, that is so rare among our beloved native
descendants. It is not surprising that list members
who were there when he was active here would want to
quote him today.