18895: Corbett: 20,000 American in Haiti and should leave????

>From Corbett:

Folks, I was quite astonished to read there were 20,000 American citizens
in Haiti.  Where in the world are they?  I've not seen very many U.S.
citizens.  Are there lots of Haitian-Americans who have U.S. citizenship
who are in Haiti?  That might make sense, since they would talk and act
more like Haitians than foreign born Americans.

Are there really 20,000 U.S. citizens in Haiti?

Bob