22243: Raber: Re: 22229: (Chamberlain) S.Africa says guest Aristide left home penniless (fwd)

From: P&M Raber <raber@valkyrie.net>

(Reuters) "Deposed president Haitian President Jean Bertrand Aristide wil
stay in South Africa as a government guest because he left his homeland with
nothing.  Foreign Minister Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma said on Wednesday."

How long will the Aristide family be supported financially by the South
Africans?.  Both Aristide adults are highly educated and speak several
languages. They should easily be able to find jobs in South Africa.  They
should be given work pernits and 12 months to find employment and become
self-supporting.  There are many South Africans living in abject poverty or
dying due to lack of money for medicine.   If we are to believe that he has
nothing, another option would be for his legions of private supporters
around the world to pay for his living expenses.  I read that Aristide is
just about done writing a book about his overthrow/resignation.  His first
two books are what gained him his fortune in Haiti, said his supporters.
Let him live off of the proceeds from this upcoming novel.