22486: Dorce Re: Mark-Vilaire Aristide (no relation to the president ;) (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

I would like to add my voice to those saying their farewells to Marx  after
his untimely, premature and most tragic passing.  His was a beautiful, Haitian
voice that spoke for those who could not stand up for themselves.  He had not
just complaint after complaint but solution after solution.  He was brilliant
and he was HAITIAN.  Haiti will be fixed but not by outsiders, occupiers,
do-gooders, "those who know best".  Haiti will be fixed by Haitians.  He was an
outstanding advocate for Haiti.  His posts on the list were among the most
lucid, balanced and rational.  Often he said things I wanted to say but didn't have
the finesse.  I was grateful to him and now I will miss him terribly.
Imagine knowing someone only on the list and from a few brief emails and feeling
this loss!   That shows you how many people he touched and hopefully made better
and more able just by his example.

Godspeed Marx-Vilaire Aristide.  Peace to you and sincere condolences to your
family and loved ones.

Much respect,

Kathy Dorce~