22536: Re: 22528: DeGraff: Re: 22509: Mambo Racine Re: 22496: Antoine

From: NLaleau@aol.com

YES, FOR POSTING: The discourse on the proper spelling of Mambo, and on
rape,
distress me. I joined the Corbett List in 1997 after having spent two-plus
years doing human rights work in Haiti, during and after the Cedras
period. For
several years, the List was a great encouragement to me. I could dialog
with
like-minded people, and it seemed Bob was providing a forum where people
on all
sides of the Haiti issues could practice (or learn) to treat each other's
opinions with democracy and respect. Now discourse often degenerates to a
similar state of affairs as we see in Haiti, including, at times, being
used by
intelligence and P.R. agencies of all sides. I'm not quitting it just yet,
but
I'm sorely tempted. --nancy laleau