22952: Wilcken: Need title and author of poem (fwd)

From: Lois E Wilcken <makandal-ny@juno.com>

I've lost track of the author and title of a Haitian poem that includes
the lines below.  I'm sure the original is in French, but I have only
English translation.

Aya bombe aya bombe
Suddenly a prophecy crosses my sight
Children of the ocean, the children of Ayiti
Will caress my hair like the waves of the sea
As one treads the firm earth
Children of resistance
They will span the earth in search of their mother
Anacaona
Like the bee gleaning flower to flower
Or the bird testing space

Can anyone identity it?  Mèsi davans.

Lois

La Troupe Makandal - New York City's Center for Haitian Drum and Dance
621 Rutland Road 4C, Brooklyn NY 11203
718-953-6638 / makandal-ny@juno.com
www.makandal.org

Lois Wilcken, Ph.D.