23014: Severe reply to post 23006: (fwd)

From: Constantin Severe <csevere@hotmail.com>

I have hard time believing that any objective person could be suprised by
the outcome of the Chamblain/Joanis trial. The script for this farce was
written at least six months ago and now all the respective parties are
playing their roles. Without the rebels/falangists the current gov't would
not have come to power. So to expect the sick man of Latin America that is
the Haitian Judiciary to hold anyone accountable is laughable.

The result of the trial is bad enough but the hipocrisy coming from some
quarters is especially galling. The US Gov't can really show its concern for
Justice by letting members of the current gov't and their allies know that
those drug indictments coming out of Miami can just as easily have their
names on them.

Look, I thought the coup was a bad idea but what's done is done. I was and I
am willing to give this gov't a chance. Not out of any love for the turtle,
but because Haiti needs a break. This gov't has capable people in it and the
possiblity of only a slightly corrupt gov't. Which for Haiti would be a
miracle This gov't has already sqaundered several opportunities to loudly
declare what side of the Human Rights Divide it is on. It won't get too many
more.