23159: Durban: Cruisin into Haiti Trade Mission 2005 (fwd)

From: Lance Durban <lpdurban@yahoo.com>

Although I have never met Ron Daniels, promoter of last month's
ill-fated Cruisin into History trip, he sounds like your typical
fair-weather friend.  If his trip was indeed cancelled due to
prevailing "political winds" rather than perhaps more legitimate
security concerns, that is indeed unfortunate.

Haiti needs to take advantage of every opportunity it gets to
get its story out, regardless of who is heading up the
government.  Must everything be so political, Erzilidanto?   One
would have thought that a ship with a paltry 300+ tourists would
have been been pretty immune to political influence.  My guess
is that Mr. Daniels must have had an inflated sense of his
trip's importance or he never would have copped out.
(Alternatively, he may have found himself with so few paying
clients that the trip was turning into a financial albatross).

In any case, for those who literally missed that boat, our
company has been sponsoring Haiti Trade Missions for
businessman/investors interested in learning more about what
Haiti has to offer.  It is basically a break-even endeavor
promoted on a couple of pages on our website:
       http://www.manutech.us/haiti_trade_mission.htm

It's always an enjoyable weekend, with spouses welcome, and we
never cancel out due to the political 'climate'.  We are still
in the planning stages for our next event, scheduled for the
last week of January, but if any Corbetters are interested in
participating, please let me know.

Lance Durban