23442: Marina: Re: 23427: radtimes: Resistance grows in wake of flood disaster (fwd)

From: Marina <marinawus@yahoo.com>

Dear Corbetters:

Can people on this list corroborate that a  "General
Strike" occured in Haiti on October 2. I for one, must
have been reading different press reports of the
events in Haiti in the past 2 weeks.

Who exactly are the leaders who called for and led
this general stike? What organizations put out press
statements on these strikes? I am surprised--to say
the least--that no announcement was published on this
list.

Perhaps I was not reading the righ posts. Radtimes,
can you be so kind as to RE-POST the press statements
and news articles about the strike that took place on
October 2, 2003.

Do the journalists reporting these stories and the
people disseminating them think that everyone in Haiti
is gullible and that we have no analytical powers?

Is there no Corbetters left to react to these poor
accounting of the facts? I mean talk about distorting
reality, this list has become a shadow of itself.

Radtimes, you can do better than that and I for one is
a HAITIAN that is really offended by these accounts of
the fact.

Marina