23483: Kathleen: Re: 23459: Mason: Re 23454: Morse: A Little Perspective (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

"se pa fot mwen."
Never has a Haitian government and its leader taken the simple step of
putting public education k thru 12 on the agenda.  Did the U.S. do this?
Never has a Haitian government made any serious movements to an economy or
public welfare system.  Did the U.S. do this?
It seems to me that Richard Morse is implying *gasp* that Haitians should
take responsibility for the governance and welfare of all citizens in Haiti,
not the same old same old scrambling of crabs in a bucket as to who  is in
power, while using the uneducated and unemployed, so readily at hand, to
advance their private fortunes and agendas through mob violence and private
murder.
Enough rhetoric.  And pul-eeze don't bring up the schools that Aristide
built and named after himself.  None of them were anything but the same old,
same old.  What do I do to look good and seize/maintain power.   kathleen