23694: Re: 23693: (reply) allouard: 23693 Reid: palais national satellite picture (fwd)

From: Philippe Allouard <allouard@libertysurf.fr>

Ralph,

It is on Champ the Mars, between the Palais and the long pool or on the
Dessaline-Long pool-Palais line.

It looks like Ayizan (central part) but I've never seen the bottom part of
it. But we have real experts on the list... Please speak!
Those veves are present in all new public places or almost all. I saw one on
the Place d'Italie (Dambalah, if I remember well), one on the large flag
pole place between Lasco and aeroport Militaire, and one on Carrefour
Aeroport.

Speaking recently about this with Haitian friends, I expressed the idea it
was a truly positive thing as it was a proof it was still possible to get
precise difficult construction work done in Haiti... But they were shocked
on this respect it was kept secret. Why should Titide do this without
telling it?
If only it has been advertised as a cultural action... But no!

regards,
                  Philippe
 From: Ralph Reid <rafreid@yahoo.com>

 The following is a satellite picture of the palais national
 area. Anyone care to tell me what that giant Voodoo Veve
 on the top left is?

 http://www.geocities.com/rafreid/satellite.html