23740: (reply) Holmstead comments on RAM detentions (fwd)

FROM John Holmstead   <cyberkismet5@yahoo.com>

I guess it's nice to be able to shrug off arbitrary
arrests and dententions when you can call the US
Ambassador et al for assistance. I wonder how many
less fortunate souls still rot behind bars in the name
of democracy in Haiti today. Unfortunately, only a
privileged few have had the foresight and intelligence
to inoculate themselves with public opposition to
Aristide. But then I guess it doesn't matter since
more terrible things than that happened to RAM under
the tyrant's administration.

When all things are said to be equal it's funny how
some always emerge more equal than others.