24150: INUG - swedish engeneer without borders - tip on accomodation in Haiti

>From Raffaella <raffa_b@msn.com>

Hi!
We are planning to travel to Haiti - St. Michelle - this February/March. It's a
water sanitation project based on a simple technique, the SODIS method - the
water is exposed to the sun in plastic bottles for some hours and the dangerous
bacteria get killed. It's proposed by the Swiss Federal Institute for
Environmental Science and Technology and has been used in projects all over the
world.
Now, to the point, we need to stay a few days in Port au Prince and the hotel
suggestions we got from the local NGO sound a bit expensive for our pockets...
I wander if the tips you gave in your web page are still up-to-date....and how
do we book....
Another thing, our method is technically simple but people need to be informed
and convinced to engage... we were thinking about asking some local artist or
art academy student if they are interested in participating in the project with
the production of teaching material (songs, theater....)

thanks for your attention and time
all the best

Raffaella Bellanca